Ticket, early entry and car passes– Don’t ruin your week by forgetting your ticket. You will absolutely not be allowed into Black Rock City without your ticket!
- Gifts – Get a clear idea of what you want to do or give as acts of giving.
- Money – For ice and coffee on playa.
- ID/Maps/Passes – Print out anything you will need and bring it.
- Water Bottle/CamelBak – You’ll take it with you everywhere; make sure to get a reusable one so you’re not creating unnecessary waste with plastic water bottles. A good rule of thumb is 1 gallon per person per day for drinking.
- Dust Goggles – Getting alkali dust in your eyes is no fun; wear tight fitting goggles so dust won’t seep in. Etsy has some great choices!
- Dust Mask – Inhaling alkali dust is also no fun! Check out some premium face masks here. A scarf is a good option too.
- Sunscreen – Remember, the atmosphere at 4,000 feet is less protective against UV rays. Apply SPF 45 sunscreen every few hours!
- First Aid Kit – Accidents happen, be prepared. Something small and basic is fine.
- Earplugs – The parties go on all night, so if you want to sleep peacefully, foam earplugsare an absolute must.
- Back pack or supply/fanny belt – These are great for carrying around essentials such as water, goggles, scarf, bandanna, flashlight, money, chapstick, eye drops, smokes, lighter, warm layer, etc.
Burning Man Camping Gear - We provide most of the camping gear, but you may want the following:
- Battery-powered Lantern – Hang it from the top of your tent. You can find affordable options for under $20 here.
- Twinkle lights – Battery powered lights are cheap and make for a great yurt/tent/bike/personal decoration.
- Small flashlight – Battery powered l
- Safety pins/carabeaners/string – For hanging things up inside your tent - please take all your pins with you when you go, though.
- Rug/floor mat – This is nice for outside or inside your yurt/tent.
Kitchen Supplies - We provide most of the kitchen supplies, but you will need the following:
- Cup/mug – Please bring your own cup! One with a handle so that you can attach it to your daypack is good.
- Eating utensils – Something small and portable.
- Water bottle – Again, be able to hook it on your day pack.
- Pedialyte – If you get dehydrated (and you probably will) replenish your electrolytes by pouring a pack of Pedialyte or E-mergency into your water.
- Dried Fruit
- Gums & mints
Burning Man Medical Kit
The Burning Man medical tent is not a fun place to visit and will kill your mood. Please, add a simple first-aid kit to your packing list, accidents do happen!
- Band Aids
- Portable Sewing Kit
- Nasal Spray – The playa dust will irritate your nose and throat, especially after a dust storm. Use nasal spray to keep things moist!
- Vinegar or Witchazel– Water mixed with equal parts of vinegar is the perfect liquid solution for removing playa dust from your body. Make sure you bring plenty!
- Prescriptions Meds – Don’t forget them, you’re a longggg way from any pharmacy!
- Other Medical Items:
- Cold Pack
- Allergy Medicine
- Antibiotic Ointment
- Pain Relievers
- Throat lozenges
Burning Man Toiletries List
- No Shampoo – We have plenty! Don’t need to bring any.
- Toilet Paper – Always good to carry some with you. 1-2 rolls of one ply!
- Eye Drops – Your eyes will dry out (and get dust in them). Use a few eye drops every day to keep your eyes lubricated.
- Sun Screen + Aloe Vera Lotion – You WILL get sunburned, and you WILL wish that you have aloe vera to apply to your skin. Aloe Vera is a great post-sun lotion, take my word for it!
- Other toiletries:
- Towel/wash cloth
- Condoms + Tampons
- Wet wipes
- Shaving supplies
- Toothbrush + Toothpaste
- Lip balm (bring several, they are easy to lose and really needed)
- Contact lense solution and extra contacts/readers
- Hand sanitizer
- Kleenex small packs
- Hair ties
- Massage oil
- Small personal mirror
Burning Man Bike Accessories
Your bike will be your best friend at Burning Man. You will share many magical journeys together. Feet and legs are great and all, but nothing beats a bike on the Playa. Don’t forget these bike-related items when packing for a week in BRC.
- Bike Light – To avoid hitting (and getting hit by) other bikers and Burners, make sure to properly illuminate your bike at night.
- Decorations: Lights and anything else you want to make your bike unique. (We do have some too)
- Bike lock – We have locks, but if you prefer, you can bring your own.
Burning Man Clothing & Costumes
Hats/parasol umbrella – Protect yourself from the sun!
- Thermal Underwear – Keep warm at night.
- Warm jacket and hat – It can get cold a night. You will want a warm or faux fur jacket.
Body Paints + Glowsticks etc. Visit your local thrift shop. Express yourself!
Rain Gear – Yes, it does rain in the desert, be prepared.
- Other clothing items: Sunglasses, Jackets, Flip-Flops, Comfortable Hiking Shoes, Socks, Layers!
Random things to bring to Burning Man:
- Notebook + Pen – Record your experiences, take notes, do some writing. You will be happy you did.
- Pocket Knife/Multi-tool – You’ll be surprised how many times this will come in handy.
- Camera – Another great way to capture memories is with a camera, but make sure it’s playa-proof!
- Head Lamp
- Squirt Gun + Misters
- Musical Instruments
- Photos of Friends and Family
- Ziplock bags for MOOP collection
- Duct tape - label your things
- Clothes pins
- Cigarettes/E-Cig and personal ashtray (Altoids container works well), lighters
- Party treats
- Business/calling cards with camp name/address
- Extra batteries
- More lights!
- Work gloves for the build and tear down
Burning Man is a wonderful and exciting adventure. Don’t let your long week be ruined because you forget some essential items on your packing list. With proper preparation, the week can go smoothly and you can focus on the art and experience rather than an item you forget to pack. Have fun!